Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Taxi Drivers

Some of my proudest moments so far have been the proof of my conversational ability in small talk with taxi drivers while in Cochabamba. I’ve decided it’s a good way to practice Spanish and also can be quite amusing when you are with your friends and you know they’re using one of the three way overused topics that you talk to taxi drivers about.

1) Are you from Cochabamba? – Kasia likes to bust this one out of left field but I’m just as guilty of using it; it will usually segway in or out of the topic of where you are from
2) Festivals and Holidays – for this reason it’s good to know about the schedule of when the last Bolivian holiday was or when the next one is, as a frame of reference, this is a good topic of conversation because another festival is never more than a month away
3) The weather – el clima en Cochabamba es perfecto – the climate in Cochabamba is perfect, yup, that’s my favorite line regarding the weather

No comments: