Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alegría en China

So after a lengthy process and the most stressful week of my life, Alegría en Bolivia is no longer. I will be transferring to Peace Corps in China to teach university-level English for 2 years (pending medical clearance and visa). First I will be coming back to the States for a visit while I wait for my clearance...which could take anywhere from a few weeks to a month or so and then off to China (among the possibilities are Sichuan, Guizhou, Chongqing, and Gansu). I'll be doing 2 weeks of training/orientation in Chengdu and then be off to my site...which apparently will have a minimum population of 200,000 people. Goodbye rural Bolivia, hello urban China. I'm REALLY excited about the opportunity to FINALLY learn Mandarin at an acceptable level and just as excited to be getting a more structured job AND to teach English as my main job. Apparently every cloud has a silver lining.

Dear Bolivia - I will miss you A LOT. But it's not "adios," it's more of an "hasta luego" or "tinkunakama" because I know in my heart that I will be back. Te cuida bien y te amo.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ooohhh!! does this mean that you'll be making a cameo in CT soon?!

Anonymous said...

We hope to see you here before you go overseas again!

LL said...

wow... can't wait to see you in the good ol' USA and i am DEFINITELY visiting you in zhong guo!

sarita said...

i miss you already!

sarita said...

i got your package, THANKS! it´s awesome. except every time i look at that calendar i think of dead kittens. haha. i think i will hang it in my office and see what people say.