Friday, October 12, 2007

¡Muchas Gracias Eviekins!

Just wanted to give a shout out to Evie for the ridiculously cool care package she sent me (that finally got here after more than a month of being in transit!) There´s nothing like reading trashy articles from Cosmo while you stuff your face full of cookies, gummi bears and goldfish. Ah yes. Nothing beats that. :)

Also, apologies to those who I owe emails and you´re seething about the fact that I am writing blog entries but haven´t responded to your emails yet...that includes Kelley (first and foremost for her bullet pointed, well organized letter about you, me, and UBS), Lau-ster, and most recently Steph (who I have to give major props to for missing her flight coming back from Munich...definitely got a kick out of that when I read it knowing your anal retentive nature...I have to say...if Steph misses a flight due to oversleeping, the rest of the world is screwed).

Only one more week with our host families! Then we head out for a week of Site Visit where everyone travels to the place where they´re going to be spending the next two years of their lives and gets to familiarize themselves with their counterpart that they´re going to be working with and the town they are going to be living in...for me, not so much a surprise since I already met my counterpart and have been to Tarata...but others are pretty psyched. After the Site Visits we´ll spend one more week in a hotel in Coch living it up and enjoying the last few days with B46 and then we´re off on our own! I have to say I´m pretty excited to finally get to be starting work soon and being in my site...we´ve had a few good tech training classes lately on micro-credit and exportation of goods that have gotten me psyched up for working! This weekend we have a ceremony with our host families in our communities (complete with dancing...we learned the cueca in our Spanish classes today) so hopefully I´ll have some more good pictures to post. Arggghh...I keep on forgetting to download pics to my flash drive so I can bring them with me. Actually it´s just the total lack of time for anything recently but I´ll definitely try to get on that soon! Laters kiddos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Sorry I got behind on your wonderful blogs, i had like the most tumultuous 3 weeks ever...it shall all be explained in letter form!
kisses and scorpions!